Why You Should Try Anti Blue Light Glasses
- Between our phones, computers, and the television, we spend hours each day staring at a screen. This has become such a major part of our culture that we don’t often think about it. But the light emitted by these devices has many health risks. These technological devices give off a certain short-wavelength blue light. This can be very damaging to our eyes and have a negative effect on our sleep cycles. This is where anti blue light glasses come in.
- Since it is probably unrealistic for most people to give up using these types of technology, many companies are developing solutions to help mitigate the effects of blue light. One of the most popular solutions is a pair of anti-blue light glasses. Many brands have started to make this type of product, but Ocushield has recently released a version that is particularly effective and provides great value for money.
What is blue light?
- Some blue light has a shorter wavelength than other colors of light, which means that it puts more strain on our eyes. It also reaches deeper into the eye, which slowly kills the cells in our retina. Not all types of blue light are bad for our eyes, but the kind that is emitted by LED lights of any kind (including all electronic screens as well as LED lightbulbs) is particularly harmful. The human eye is not very good at blocking this kind of light either, which means that there’s not really anything we can do naturally to stop the damaging effects of our electronic screens.
Symptoms of blue light
- Those who are exposed to blue light day in and day out will likely start to notice that their eyes feel dry, strained, and tired. In extreme cases, you may also notice redness and blurry vision. Many people also notice that they get headaches after being exposed to blue light for a long period of time. This can be extremely detrimental to work productivity, especially if you have a job where all of your work involves exposure to blue light.
- Another huge negative effect that blue light has on our health is that it damages our sleep cycle. Although you might notice that you feel just as tired, if not more tired, than you usually are after being exposed to blue light, you’ll probably have trouble falling asleep. This is because exposure to blue light reduces your body’s production of melatonin, which is a natural hormone that helps us fall asleep and maintain a healthy circadian rhythm. You might also have trouble maintaining normal sleep patterns, which can be extremely detrimental to other aspects of your health. After all, the amount of sleep you get can directly affect your mental performance and physical functioning throughout the day.
How do the blue light glasses work?
- Anti blue light glasses work to block harmful blue light rays and prevent them from reaching our eyes. They have a yellow-tinted filter that is designed to cut out the blue light rays from the screen and prevent them from reaching your eyes. They also naturally increase the contrast on the screen, which makes things easier to see and therefore reduces the level of strain on your eyes. Anti blue light glasses are a great solution to the problem of blue light exposure, because they are portable, and you can easily take them on and off depending on what you are doing. You’ll probably notice that after using anti blue light glasses for a while, your headaches, dry and tired eyes, and poor sleep quality will all diminish, and you’ll be able to work on your computer or watch TV without worrying about your health.
More on the brand behind the glasses
- Ocushield, a notable health brand that makes anti blue light products, recently released their version of the blue light glasses. They come in a very flattering unisex style and shape with black frames that you can wear at home, to work, even when hanging out with friends. This addresses one of the most common problems that people have with blue light glasses, which is that they are not always flattering and people don’t like wearing them out in public. The Ocushield glasses can also be purchased very affordably – they’re less than half the price of many of the brands currently on the market, but they provide the best blue light protection features to effectively reduce the damage that blue light can have on your eyes.